08 September 2011

National Yoga Month

Get Fit & Feel Healthy at the start of the school year!

5 minute Warm-up
  • 20 jumping jacks
  • 20 skiers
  • 10 Toy Soldiers
  • 10 body weight squats
  • Partner up: 10 leg swings forward/back and 10 leg swings side-to-side
  • Quad stretch x’s 10, hold for 3 sec
  • Hamstring stretch x’s 10, hold for 3 sec
  • 10 Standing core rotations w/ elbows up, then 10 w/ arms open, then 10 bent over w/ a straight back, then 10 Over head arm swings.
  • 10 push-ups on your knees
  • Partner up: Stretch your Pecs, with a 5 second hold, then switch arms
  • Lat Stretch
  • Shake it out!

Yoga
  • Child’s pose
  • Downward Facing Dog- foot to back of room
  • Forward fold- link arms & Half Lift
  • Mountain pose & Chair Pose
  • Plank & Upward Facing Dog & Downward Facing Dog
  • Warrior 1
  • Warrior 2
  • Warrior 3
  • Bicycle Crunches 3 x’s 20
  • Hands to Heart’s Center (Lotus position)
  • Child’s Pose/Corpse Pose (Savasana)

Breathing/Relaxing/ Stretching
  • Butterfly
  • Hip-flexor stretch
  • Glut stretch
  • Calf stretch
Reading:
“When I was a young man, I wanted to change the world. I found it was difficult to change the world, so I tried to change my nation. When I found I couldn’t change the nation, I began to focus on my town. I couldn’t change the town and as an older man, I tried to change my family. Now, as an old man, I realize the only thing I can change is myself, and suddenly I realize that if long ago I had changed myself, I could have made an impact on my family. My family and I could have made an impact on our town. Their impact could have changed the nation and I could indeed have changed the world.” —    Unknown Monk, 1100 A.D.

Lexim:

"Kur isha i ri, kam kërkuar për të ndryshuar botën. Kam gjetur ishte e vështirë tëndryshojë botën, kështu që unë u përpoq të ndryshojë kombit tim.
Kur e kam gjetur unë nuk mund të ndryshojë vendin, fillova të përqëndrohet në qytetin tim.Unë nuk mund të ndryshojë qytetin dhe si një njeri i vjetër, unë u përpoq të ndryshojëfamiljen time.

Tani, si një njeri i vjetër, kuptoj e vetmja gjë që mund të ndryshojë është veten, dhe papritmas e kuptoj se në qoftë se kohë më parë kisha ndryshuar veten time, unë mund të kishte bërë një ndikim në familjen time. Familja ime dhe unë mund të ketë bërë një ndikim në qytetin tonë. Ndikimi i tyre mund të ketë ndryshuar komb dhe unë mund tëvërtetë kanë ndryshuar botën. "
- Murg i anonim, 1100 pas Krishtit

No comments:

Post a Comment